Create and edit fun videos or add thousands of songs with your friends and family
Program available in: English
Program license: Free
Program by: TikTok Inc.
Musical-ly is a popular app for kids and teenagers. The Musical-ly app allows you to lip sync and dance to your favorite songs. It makes a 15 second recording of you doing these things. You can save the video or send it to your friends so they can watch it. You can also share your video on social media platforms or through the Musical-ly platform itself. The Musical-ly has a full range of songs to choose from, including classic rock, '80s pop, 90's rap and current music. It is a fun way for kids to explore different types of music.
The Musical-ly app currently has more than 200 million users. It is free, and you gain access to short bits of the songs for free. If you want to sing the first part of the song, the Musical-ly allows you to do that. You can also sing part of the middle or the end of a song with the Musical-ly app. If you want to pretend that you are Mariah Carrey singing the high notes or Freddie Mercury singing one of his famous classic rock songs, you can do it with the Musical-ly.
The Musical-ly allows you to interact with people you know and people who you meet through the app. It also allows for live broadcasting of the songs as you lip sync to them. You can challenge a friend to a lip syncing duet live if you want to. You can also use the Musical-ly to do live chats with your friends or anybody else who wants to chat with you. With the Musical-ly, you choose your screen name and the photo to use. The photo that you choose to use can be changed at any time. There are parental controls for the use of the Musical-ly app.
Programs similar to musical.ly
A slimmed-down version of the beloved synchronized signing musical.ly app
Livestreaming has never been easier with this program designed to help you connect with friends and family
Social app that allows you to watch, edit, and broadcast musical clips and videos
Social app that lets you watch and broadcast amazing videos of you and your friends
Permissions required by musical.ly
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT: This permission is no longer supported.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.